New York Construction Accident Lawyer for Falls from Heights/Rooftops
Some of the most serious injuries are caused by falls from heights or rooftops. Construction workers have the right to expect safe working conditions. When a safe work environment is not provided, an owner or general contractor may be liable for your injuries.
Pain and suffering caused by construction falls can be very serious and, as a New York construction accident lawyer, I will do everything I can to see that you get the compensation you deserve. You may be due more than just workers' compensation.
In construction fall accidents, questions to ask include:
- Was the roof complete or only partially finished?
- Were guard rails in place?
- Was safety netting provided?
- Were workers wearing safety harnesses and using safety lines?
- Were workers required to use safety equipment and given the right equipment?
- Were there unmarked restricted areas at the job site?
- Were unsecured loads being hoisted?
- Was there an exposed hole or opening at the site?
- Was there insecure flooring or planking?
- And one of the most basic questions: should the worker have been on the roof in the first place?
Job sites are busy places, but should not be busy to the point of OHSA regulations being overlooked. If you have been injured, call me to see if you should pursue a lawsuit in addition to a workers' compensation claim. I am an experienced attorney who can help. Call The Law Office of Robert Dunne, LLC for a free consultation at 212-551-1750 or contact me online.